26 December 2008

the sound of arrows - 'm.a.g.i.c.' single out 1/28


The Sound of Arrows - M.A.G.I.C. (Mini-video)

Christmas is over, and I must say, I didn't feel in much of the holiday spirit this year. Maybe it's been the bitter cold and icy wintry mix that kept me inside for 92 hours straight, the uncomfortable return to my parents' house, or maybe just my usual pessimism, but despite all that, I can't really refute the magic of the Sound of Arrows new song and mini-video.

The Sound of Arrows (from good ole Stockholm City) put out a great EP for "Danger" earlier this year on Labrador with some really great songs and even a few remixes of "Danger" that I enjoyed. This new single for "M.A.G.I.C." (out January 28 on Labrador), promises to be a great preview of what we'll see on their forthcoming album.

"M.A.G.I.C." is full of the electronic swells and school child chants referenced in "Danger," but with something distinctly more magical. Maybe the video, with all of its reappropriated Disney footage (not to mention the unicorn), influences my opinion somewhat. But, as a firm believer in the Icelandic huldufólk (hidden people), I wonder if maybe Sweden, too, is influenced by some magical älvdanser (elf dances). Some magic to ponder for this holiday season.

Pre-order the single for "M.A.G.I.C." from Labrador now!

Download:
The Sound of Arrows - M.A.G.I.C.

No comments: